Pages

Chicago's Best: Le Colonial

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Le Colonial is an up-scale French-Vietnamese restaurant on Rush Ave in the Gold Coast. It recaptures French Colonial Vietnam in the 1920s in a two story vintage row house. I absolutely fell in love with it's authentic Vietnamese cuisine with a Parisian twist! If you are in town  or visiting be sure to stop by and enjoy this one-of-a-kind cuisine. 

I am a frequent user of open table which is where I reserved our lunch date. When we arrive to the restruant there was a cute little corner booth reserved just for us. Even though the seating is quite close, the atmosphere is still intamate and enjoyable. A sweet lady was seated next to us. We noticed her appetizer and privately commented to ourselves how good it looked. She quickly joined in our conversation and offered to share her food with us! Of course we accepted! How amazing was that? In this moment I felt so grateful for meeting this woman. In our world where everyone is so selfish, it was refreshing meeting someone so kind and generous. Cha Gio was what she ordered - 4 fried spring rolls filled with shrimp, pork, mushrooms, and chili lime sauce). It was delish! I ordered was Bo Sate which is sautéd diced filet mignon with yams and string beans. All my favorite foods rolled into one perfect entrée!  I also got a side of the Mien Xao which is very similar to Jap Chae (Korean Glass Noodles). It is stir-fried cellophane noodles with crabmeat, mushrooms, and cilantro. I had to share this decadent side dish with Matthew, it was that good! I can't wait to go back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment