Pages

Columbus Day

Saturday, October 17, 2015

photo 1
Being a teacher, I get a lot of 3 day weekends and it's pretty amazing. So I had Columbus Day off! YAY! And to make things even better, Matthew had his childhood best friend and girlfriend come to visit us this weekend. It was so nice to have our dear North Carolina friends with us in the windy city. They came at the perfect time because the weather was great! It was in the mid 70s all weekend which is warm for this time of year in Illinois. For the weekend we got to play the tourists which never gets old because Chicago's attractions are so timeless.
We went to the Shedd Aquarium and the Adler Planetarium and got in for FREE! As you may or may not know, the Chicago museums offer Illinois Resident Free days where with a valid Illinois license you can receive general admission for free. Since I am an Illinois educator and Matthew works for J.P. Morgan we both can get into any Chicago museum for free any day of the year!
Did I mention we went to Shake Shack? OMG It was the best burger I have ever had. Hands down!
photo 2
FASHION FORWARD: When picking out my outfit this morning I noticed that it is HARD to be comfortable AND fashionable all at the same time. Especially when you're traveling to a big city you want to be on trend but also with all the walking it is crucial to be comfortable. I ended up choosing gold glitter Kate Spade for Ked's shoes, Victoria Secret yoga pants, a hot pink vest, a striped shirt, and a black/gold cross body Betsey Johnson purse. I was defiantly comfy & chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment