Pages

Car Crash

Tuesday, September 22, 2015



It was a morning just like any other.

The alarm went off at 6:00a.m. My husband and I awoke and went into the kitchen. We made some coffee and our lunches for the day. We chatted, smiled, hugged and kissed one another. We talked about how our 4-year wedding anniversary was in a few days and went on to getting ready for the day. We were running a few minutes behind so we franticly grabbed our bags and ran out the door.

It was just an ordinary day like any other.

We got into the car and began on our daily commute to work together. We only have one car since we live in an urban area of Chicago, where parking and gas is extremely expensive. We made a left turn and what happened changed my life.

It was just like the movies. Slow motion. And all in one instant our car was hit. I heard a loud crash followed by glass shattering and then silence. Matt’s first instinct was to reach his arm over and hold me down. Since he was holding hot coffee in his right hand it completely spilled all over me. I turned my head towards my husband and I saw his head being violently tossed all around and then I realized a car crashed into the driver’s side of the car. The left side airbags had been released.

I froze. Matt laid his head down on his shoulder with his eyes closed. I saw that the left side of his face was completely swollen, bruised, and bloody. I feared the worst…
How could this happen to me? How would I go on with out my best friend? I couldn’t move. Before I even could come back to reality, Matt had some how managed to escape out of the car, came over to my door, opened it, and carried me out of the damaged vehicle.


It would be an hour before the police arrived and another hour before the EMTS came to the scene. When the paramedics arrived they said that Matt suffered a slight concussion and that I was in shock with minor internal bruising. I praise God that we both were not more severely injured. 

We cried, held each other tightly and our love grew even more that day. Each and every single moment of every day is important. The present is a gift and it must never be taken for granted. 

Ironically I had been praying for a new car... Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it! ;) 

On the bright side we got a brand new 2015 Black Honda CRV Touring! With all wheel drive, push start, black leather, Navi, heated seats, backup/blind spot camera, sun roof, and  XM radio... I'm so in love!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment